Monday, January 28, 2008

Feisty Bento #108: Steak, steak, everywhere

Creamed corn; steak cut up into bite size pieces; bagged salad

Last night, I made steak with creamed corn- BF's favorite vegetable- and had leftovers.  Since I like my steak medium rare, it's totally microwaveable.  I cut the steak up last night, then packed it up and nuked it for a brief minute this morning.  Unfortunately it kind of made the steak completely cooked, but it turned out fine; next time I'm going to steam-re-heat it because it will cook more slowly that way.  Actually, there's extra steak underneath the creamed corn; those pieces came out super tender.  Ah well, lessons learned. 

I'm back to work, but not really feeling up for anything. 

Happy bento, at least.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! You're back. I've missed your posts the last few days. And your lunch looks completely yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you make your creamed corn? It looks very different from what I am used to seeing. Since I love new foods, I am curious.
    What I make for creamed corn is so fattening it's not to be eaten but a couple of times a year...really bad for you, but tastes really good.

    ReplyDelete