Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Feisty Bento #399: Back to Bento (again)

IMG_0749

Whoa!  A bento! 

IMG_0750

New box - bought it during my last trip to SF - isn't it cute?  Looks small, but it holds 555 ml.  Not bad.  It didn't seem to leak but I was careful with it today and I didn't have much liquid in it anyway. 

IMG_0751

Roasted broccoli with garlic cloves, bean sprouts, and a piece of miso-glazed salmon.  I need to tweak the recipe, so I don't have anything to share right now. 

Brief background on this bento: I went grocery shopping and and managed to get some stuff together, cook a bit on Sunday, and packed myself a bento for Monday.  Unfortunately, I'm so used to leaving without anything from the fridge, that I wound up leaving it at home on Monday, sadface.  So I brought it today.  Don't worry - I know it's fish, but I usually eat fish for 2-3 days after I've cooked it (using the smell-test too of course), and I've been fine thusfar...

I'm so happy I had a bento today! but now the next one is 400 which requires a little extra advance planning... ;) which means tomorrow I can't pack myself a lunch.  Unless I go back and not-count 398, which you can see wasn't really a bento anyway...?  Haha, I didn't plan this very well, did I?

Happy bento!!!

4 comments:

  1. the return of mr. bento is imminent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! I cant wait to see 400!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Bento! This Bento looks so cute and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am an autos vender but i am also a fanatic of Bento. I wish we could share Bento in my car someday. Bento day!

    ReplyDelete