Friday, July 6, 2007

Feisty Bento #2: Onigiri

Clockwise, from top left, left box: edamame; canteloupe; gyoza with pig shaped sauce bottle; Asian style potato salad Right box: three homemade onigiri, two with salmon, dab of mayo, wasabi, and one with eel; inari sushi with masago; three slices of takuan (pickled radish)

I think this one was a bigger success than yesterday's because of the color scheme. I was full after lunch, but not as overstuffed as yesterday. I may have to start mixing it up and using a smaller container on top because perhaps 720 ml is just too much? I don't know. Or maybe my ratios are off; I really do prefer to have more protein than grains. (Japanese bento guidelines state that bento should be packed with a 4 part grains, 3 parts vegetables, 2 part protein ratio, and 1 part fruit/dessert.)

Well, I don't know. What do you guys think???

1 comment:

  1. I mean... it certainly *sounds* delicious, but I just see "image not found" :(...

    ReplyDelete