Thursday, June 12, 2008

Feisty Bento #181: Local Bento

As local as you can get for me! 

My Basil plant.  If you look closely, you can see a few places where I've been tearing the leaves off.  (In the bottom of the pic, you can see part of the Mint plant, and to the right, you can see part of my Tomato plant, which, as someone pointed out, means those tomatoes are definitely safe.  Except there are no tomatoes and probably will never be...)

Small container of hummus for veggies
Baby carrots; celery stick (tucked underneath); smoked almonds
15 whole grain bread; mayo; smoked chicken breast slices; homegrown basil

Woohoo, I'm eating up my basil like mad.  I hope it all grows back!!!  Next time: homemade pizza :)

Happy bento!!!

3 comments:

  1. Aww, your little basil plant looks so happy and green! ^__^

    For some unknown reason, everything I have started from seed in the spring is dying! x_x For the first time ever, I'm going to have to go with greenhouse-bought bedding plants...boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your basil plant is doing so well! I am jealous. A few things have come up for me, and my little starts' growth has been stunted, I'm afraid. I may be able to salvage them when I get home, I suppose. We will see.

    ReplyDelete