Friday, July 17, 2009

Feisty Bento #364: Off for vacation

IMG_9195.JPG

A simple bento but totally delicious. 

Sauteed bean sprouts and another slice of my zucchini & potato gratin (the second to last slice! boo). 

I can't wait to eat this.  *chomps down*

IMG_9196

I took this photo this morning after I got off the bus.  If you look closely, I color-accented red - everything else is black & white.  I just liked how things lined up, though in the photo the back building looks like it's glowing... it looked much cooler in real life (not glowing). 

Maybe it's glowing because as I got off the bus and looked up (most NYCers don't look up quite as often as you'd think, whatwith all the tall buildings... people looking up are tourists.  With cameras? DEFINITELY tourists... lol)... I noticed that I could see the humidity waves.  I'm sure you all think I'm crazy, even though when it's really hot, you can see the heat waves in the air - it makes everything in front of you ever so slightly blurry and sometimes you can see the lines of heat! - but I swear, I saw the moisture hanging in the air, just thick, blurry, like I was looking through lenses that had the teensiest bit of petroleum jelly rubbed over the lens.  It was SO GROSS. 

So I was complaining about the rain last month, and now suddenly it's like someone just cranked the humidity dial.  But not the heat!  I mean, it's not cold, but it doesn't feel hot.  Does that make sense?  It's not sunny, just sticky and gross and uncomfortable out. 

But this is part of the price we pay to live in NYC... one of the greatest cities in the world.

On another note, I am taking the next two weeks off from work, so no bentos.  (And I was just starting to get back into the swing... sorry!)  Posts will continue to be going up on Feisty Foodie (I've been working like mad to catch up and get ahead of schedule here so I wouldn't leave you guys in the lurch! so be sure to check over there every day!!!), so you won't be totally alone here. 

I'll be back on August 3rd.  In the meantime, be sure to poke through my archives!!!  I love comments & feedback, and there are a lottttt of posts where I have neither... ;) 

Think outside the lunchbox!!!

1 comment:

  1. You want I should send you some of this Rochester heat we're having today? :P It was cool all weekend and then today BAM! It feels like 90 something. I almost died when I went out at lunch time to find some honey for this horrid throat problem I'm having.

    ReplyDelete