Monday, August 31, 2009

Feisty Bento #378: Not in a good mood

IMG_9805.JPG

I survived school this past Saturday... 6 hours of torture, one with a maniacal sub (yes, we had a 'sub' on the first day of class) who asked us questions like, do we know who Galileo or Copernicus or SIR ISAAC NEWTON are... and do we know what calculus is... uh... anyway... 

The above is chicken tacos & elotes, minus the flour tortilla - not because I ran out, I still have! - but because I was feeling lazy.  I smashed the lid on top cuz I'm crazy like that. 

So, a bit about school.  My schedule right now is Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, 8pm-10pm, and Saturdays, 9am-3pm, in addition to working full time.  Last semester, I had the same schedule, minus Saturdays.  I took public transportation the entire way and it added like 4 hours to the commute.  Seriously.  I live a 10-15 minute drive away from school; via public transportation, it took an hour, hour and a half most nights to get home.  What the hell? 

This semester, because of my increased hours, I now have the use of a vehicle to transport me to and from school.  I don't need anything fancy, though I do have a gas-guzzling monster - I named it The Beast - except for one problem.  The vehicle was 'fine' - a little rattly at high speeds, but it worked, y'know - until the semester started.  All of a sudden, despite the fact that I put two new tires on it, the front driver's side tire goes flat almost immediately.  So everyday, directly prior to using it, I must pump the tire.  I foresee this being an issue: both for a time crunch and when it gets cold, you think I am going to want to stand there waiting for the stupid thing to fill? 

I seriously don't understand why this is happening.  I've been told the front axel is bent, but that shouldn't affect the tire being flat or not.  I don't understand, really.  It's been pissing me off, and I've been considering doing what I swore I wouldn't do when I got the vehicle: put money into fixing it a little bit so that it'll be a little less frustrating to drive.  But in that case, if I'm going to get part of it fixed anyway, I might as well also fix the window (driver's side doesn't close all the way, meaning when it rains, it rains on me, and when it's cold, it'll be FREEZING in the car), and fix the axel, too, right? 

Only... this costs a pretty penny, and Yvo doesn't have any more pretty pennies!  What with the recent spate of vet bills (I'm not complaining; I will pay to have her be healthy; when I adopted her, that was the promise I made to her and to myself: to always take care of her, to always love her and treat her the way she deserved to be treated, and to be the best pet owner I could possibly be; and to always find a place where she could live with me - if a possible living arrangement did not allow for her to live with me, that possible living arrangment no longer was a possibility, understand?), school expenses, living expenses, life being expensive... I just don't have the money to just throw into a vehicle that may or may not be used for much longer. 

Okay.  I'm sorry.  I'll stop.  This came out a lot grumpier than I intended it to - I meant only to ask if anyone wanted to fix my car for me! lol or knew what was wrong with it - or something along those lines - but seriously, I am about to flip out on someone at work.  Multiple someones.  I am seriously annoyed right now.  This is a place of work, I don't understand how two people can sit there and just converse all day and not do ANY work, and no one says shit to them.  It seriously is pissing me off right now and I have to leave my desk before I go over there and scream at them to SHUT THE F* UP.  Excuse me.  But if you really do have any suggestions or thoughts about the car situation, speak up.  Thanks.

Think outside the lunchbox!!! 

5 comments:

  1. I think it's written (somewhere) that if you have a lunch that wonderful, and especially if it's in a Bento box you have full right to *snicker* at all your fellow employees who are rushing off to spend a King's Ransom on fast food crap over lunch. Call it daily therapy. Go ahead and be a little smug about it.

    I don't know if it's the pending holiday or the moon, but dooty is hitting the fan everywhere. Fancy trading a High School Sophomore daughter for your car troubles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you've got something stuck in your tire - a nail or something, that's letting it leak slowly but not so fast that it won't hold air for a little while. Just take it to a garage, they should be able to patch the tire for just a few bucks, no big deal. Remember, you don't have to agree to/pay for any repairs you don't want to, or that aren't absolutely essential to keeping the car running safely, and a good garage might make suggestions but shouldn't put too much pressure on you or try any "hard sell" tactics. You can get a patch kit & do it yourself, but it doesn't sound like you'd want to/be able to/be comfortable taking the tire off and doing that yourself. Good luck getting it fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you just bought the tires they should be under warranty. Take them back, have them checked , this should incur no extra cost! if it does and you have a warranty then raise holy heck!

    as for car repairs. Get an estimate for sure but don't allow yourself to be bullied. I will say this a bent axel is not something you should delay on. Unless its not "bending" or getting worse. Get it looked at asap. for your safety.

    Your tires should be a quick and easy fix just take your car to the place you bought them at :D
    hope this helps.
    My hubby is a car guy.
    Mrs Flabby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry it took me so long to get back here, but I have to agree 100% with Mrs. Flabby to take the car back to the tire shop and have them check them since the tires are new. It really does sound like you have a slow leak and I can't imagine the axel has doodoo to do with the air pressure in the tire.

    A bent axle would make your vehicle almost impossible to drive at any speed. And are the windows power?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even without the tortilla, that bento still looks yummy to me! Have you fixed your car yet? If you got someone to fix it, I think you would need to buy new pairs of tires, fast. Owning a car means saving some cash (in advance) 'coz it needs maintenance, too. I'm pretty sure your pet would understand.

    ReplyDelete