Friday, November 30, 2007

Feisty Bento #82: The Last of the Ribollita

Lunch jar: the last of the ribollita
Left side dish: "cuties" orange segments, these are so good and seedless!; toasted pumpernickel cocktail bread with butter
Right side dish: cauliflower, carrots, and celery lightly cooked with a dab of butter

I first read about "cocktail bread" on (of course) Lunch in a Box, and was surprised to come across it in a specialty Italian gourmet store last night.  They had both rye and pumpernickel, but I only picked up pumpernickel- it's been ages since I last had pumpernickel anything.  It is good, too.  I'm wondering if it'll sog up from the moisture in the orange segments (which wouldn't fit whole, so I had to peel it).  I will definitely let you all know (sometimes I don't have time or the inclination to put in dividers; anyway the segments aren't wet, but have a lot more moisture than the toasted bread, so it might just be drawn over anyway...).

Oh, and so you know, the jar keeps my lunch totally piping hot, like I almost burned my mouth two days ago hot.  Nice.  I love it.

Happy bento and have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment