Friday, May 23, 2008

Feisty Bento #169 and 170: Seeing doubles

I forgot to post yesterday's lunch, so here it is: half sandwich from my fave sandwich place, a container of curried salmon orzo (a semi-failed experiment; semi-failed because sitting in the fridge has mellowed it out enough that it actually tastes good, but initially, not so much), and a small container of yogurt to encourage the mellowing flavor.

Today's lunch was more of the same, although different proportions (larger, unfortunately for my waistline), and since my sandwich box wasn't washed (I went to a PR event last night, and when I got home after 4 glasses of wine, wasn't inclined to wash it right away), I didn't exactly pack it the same way.  Here's a picture, taken in the cafeteria:

Another giant half sandwich, some more orzo and a container of yogurt (the curry mellowed a LOT by now, so I wound up eating the yogurt as dessert with some honey).  You can see the bottom half of my Camelbak BPA-free bottle, courtesy of my firm - they're distributing them to everyone (24 or 32 oz. sizes available) to encourage people to stop buying bottled water.  Doing our part to go green... (while still printing out tons of emails that don't need to get printed!!!  Nice.)  We also buy carbon credits to offset the paper printing, but... yeah. 

Anyway, I hope each and every one of you has a safe, happy and relaxing Memorial Day weekend!!!

Happy bento~!

1 comment:

  1. So funny how companies can be paradoxal. I am a company lawier in Paris and here we are eco friendly: it is now forbidden to smoke inside! wahou!

    ReplyDelete