Friday, May 2, 2008

Feisty Bento #160: Copycat, copycat!

How this became....

THIS!!!

After Not Exactly Bento posted about nachos earlier this week, well... monkey see, monkey want!  I used my brother-in-law's recipe, though I'm sure hers is equally tasty!  Check it out... and here's the link for my salsa.  Perfect... guacamole as well... since Cinco de Mayo is coming up!

In the pre-heated jar is the chili mixture with cheese sprinkled on top; in the cup is a bear cup of homemade salsa, sitting atop a cloud of sour cream, yum.  I mixed that stuff in with the chili and spooned it liberally on the little baggie of tortilla chips I brought with me... was GOOD!  The chili was still hot!  The only crap part was, in the interest of food safety, I added a small ice pack (cut from an ice blanket) to the insulated bag, but it melted quickly and didn't keep my sour cream and salsa cold AT ALL... think the heat from the thermal jar made it melt more quickly.  Boo.  But I am not sick, so I think it's okay!

***Links to be added at a later ime for key words: food safety, ice blanket, insulated bag, thermal jar... I am just in a hurry right now, swamped with work, sorry! 

As always, HAPPY BENTO!!!

5 comments:

  1. oh yum! now I want to make your nachos to try out. LOL! I love nachos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm. sounds so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is sooo beautiful, I would love to have this for Wholesome Lunchbox ;)

    http://www.coffeeandvanilla.com/?p=1429

    Have a nice day, Margot

    ReplyDelete