Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Feisty Bento #123: Love is all you need

I went over to my BF's place last night and when I got there, he'd made dinner for us!  No, that's not butter or whipped cream, you sick people.  It's ricotta.  And in case you're wondering, it's authentic sauce made by a real Italian (his father, who jarred it for us a while back).  Yummy.  My baby loves me!

Top tier: Trader Joe's pulled pork with BBQ sauce (as the label says); leftover fried mishmash rice
Bottom tier: sliced apples; sliced plums

Look, I put fruit in there!  Aren't you proud?  Don't get me wrong, I love fruit, but I am lazy to the core.  Peeling and slicing fruit is a huge commitment for me!  It means waking up and getting my hands sticky (I HATE sticky).  So I bought those apples sliced already at Trader Joe's for $2.69.  I ate a slice this morning and they seem okay.  I was disappointed to find that it's 20c cheaper in Manhattan - so why am I bothering to buy them in the cheaper borough?!  Oh, I also vastly prefer savory items in general, so eating fruit is usually a snack by itself, not a dessert thing at the end of lunch.  Ah well, we'll see how this works.

As for the pulled pork, I saw this and couldn't resist.  It was only $3.99 for 18 oz.  I was surprised when I opened it to see the color so bland and flat, but it also says "no preservatives or additives" so I assume the additives are what makes it that deep color normally.  I'm also kind of surprised at how mushy the overall texture is, but whatever, it smelled really good and the bite I tried (this is nowhere near the whole container!) was pretty good, a nice kick of mustard in there as well.  I will let you know how it goes! 

As always, my dears, HAPPY BENTO!!!

PS If you're planning on sending something in for the contest, what are you waiting for?!  Go go go! 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what I'm waiting for ... and idea maybe??? Was the pork from TJs too?

    ReplyDelete