Thursday, February 28, 2008

Feisty Bento #124: Southern Bento (sort of)

Trader Joe's pulled pork, creamy coleslaw, Korean pickles (takuan aka pickled daikon), navel orange and smoked almonds, and some roasted greens

The pulled pork is indeed very mushy - maybe better on a sandwich roll?  I don't know, but it tastes good, just the texture - and I'm big on texture of food - is just... bleh.  Ah well.

As for the contest, I should remind you all that tomorrow I will be posting up the round-up, but know this, maybe take it as a hint: the definition of "PHAT" is according to me (yay, I get to be the judge of something for once!).  And PHAT, well, to me, my lunch looks PHAT means I WANT TO EAT IT.  As you can see from all of my bento, I've never been much into food art - it's cute, that's great, but I don't want to eat the truly beautiful designs because... well, I don't want to mess them up!  I want stuff that looks delicious!  So.  Yeah.  Hope that helps some of you with "bento block"!

As always~ happy bento!!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I had to check out your Southern-sort-of bento being a Southern girl. Looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete