Friday, March 14, 2008

Feisty Bento #133: Love Leftovers

Oops... is my dinner showing?!  Heh heh heh... doesn't that look delish?

The first meal I've actually cooked in my new apartment, though I don't really consider this cooking (I boiled water for the pasta, mixed it with a jar of homemade sauce, shredded mozzarella, sliced some cheese for on top (both parmesan reggiano and more mozzarella).  It was GOOD.  Perfect with some good Italian bread (from an Italian bakery in Howard Beach), a 2005 bottle of Malbec (fine, I only had Spanish wines on hand, or Rieslings and champagnes - I ALWAYS have a bottle of champagne/sparkling wine on hand, I think it's good policy!), and a DVD (Dan in Real Life).  Great night!

And my bento, very straight forward, put the bread in the middle "for funsies" as Dr. Cox (of Scrubs) would say.  Pasta, and some of that same good bread.  Yum!

Happy bento and have a great weekend!

2 comments: