Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Feisty Bento #135: Freezer Staples

In the jar: chicken and veggie curry with a rice lid
Left container: various Korean banchans, crab meat salad, some beans, spicy green beans, more beans, spicy squid, jumble of stuff
Right container: hummus, sesame Melba toast

So last night I thought "I have no leftovers in the fridge.  Damn.  I don't know what to put in my bento.  I won't be home for dinner tomorrow night either so what would I put on Wednesday, too?"

I realized I had some rice already in the fridge, and some Korean banchans from my nephew's birthday party on Saturday (my sister kindly gave me all the leftover banchans), hummus, some Melba toast in the cupboard, and of course, prepared curry in the freezer.

What would I do without my freezer staples?

Wind up paying a lot for lunch, probably!  So here's to having a well-stocked freezer for moments like this! 

Happy bento!

No comments:

Post a Comment