Friday, August 15, 2008

Feisty Bento #208: Redux

Top tier: Sauteed enocchi mushrooms; sauteed spinach; miso mushrooms
Bottom tier: Sausage and peppers remix; chocolate covered peanut butter filled pretzels

I kind of remixed the sausage and peppers; last night, I had some for dinner and thought it needed something extra, a little heat.  So I added some red pepper flakes, a couple of dashes of my personal favorite hot sauce (Red Devil, which I like for its vinegary bite, as opposed to an outright heat), heated it through, and spooned it onto some ciabatta for a sandwich.  I like this recipe because there isn't so much sauce that a sandwich was impossibly messy, but enough to keep the sandwich juicy and yummy.  With the added slight lift of heat, it was perfect, and I was one happy girl.  Here is the remainder of the sausage and peppers (although there's still plenty of spinach and miso mushrooms, yay!). 

HAPPY bento everyone and I hope you have GREAT FOOD weekends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment