Thursday, September 20, 2007

Feisty Bento #41: Lots of Green

Edamame, seaweed salad, dow-mew sauteed with garlic, seafood gyoza with gyoza sauce in the cute lil bottle; pork floss or bacon onigiri, grape tomatoes, takuan/pickled daikon radish, and canteloupe.  So yum!

To clarify the confusion about my veggies, I have no clue what they are.  I thought they were "hollow veggies" but when I ate them the first day (Tuesday) they clearly weren't.  So that night I was talking to my mom who said it's dow-mew, which I can't translate, even though a bunch of you have given me definitions.  They're clearly not sprouts or beans of any kind, despite "dow" sounding similar (but not the same) as the word for bean.  (This is a downtone and yes, I'm talking strictly about Cantonese here.)  *shrug*  I don't really care, they taste good, I like veggies, so that's all that matters to me. 

As always, HAPPY BENTO!!!  No bento tomorrow- it's my once-a-week freebie, plus I will be out-of-state.  Have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. Are you full from eating your bento? I think i will be very hungry afterwards! =)

    ReplyDelete