Monday, January 14, 2008

Feisty Bento #103: New Product!

Right side: cucumber slices, roasted pine nut hummus
Left side: bulgogi

I forgot to take pictures of the package- I want to do a full review- but yesterday, I hit the Trader Joe's that recently (October) opened in my 'hood.  Interestingly, it has some items that I've heard other bento'ers mention that the Trader Joe's in Manhattan/NYC doesn't have, including this bulgogi; marinated slices of raw beef in a Korean sesame sauce.  At $5.29/lb. it's not exactly cheap but it cooked up in my toaster oven, on broil, in about 7 minutes, on the foil lined baking tray, so it's an awesome time saver.  Each package is about 1 lb. so it's probably a bit much to eat in one shot (which I did today, blarghhh...) but definitely good for a meal x2!  Or maybe two bentos if you pack for more than just yourself.  I sprinkled some extra sesame seeds on top to emphasize the point... 

They were pretty good but once they got too cold, it was a little bit gross to eat.  And I'd want to cut them into smaller slices before I cooked it next time, for easier eating. 

As always, happy bento'ing!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to go to Trader Joe's. I've never been but everyone says the food selection is great there. Maybe soon...

    ReplyDelete