Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Feisty Bento #110: Courtesy of Mom!

The bottle is filled with water, but I have a little packet of Tea2Go by 4C's - Green Tea... this is my first time trying it, but I'll let you know how it turns out!  I thought to try this after reading on Lunch in a Box tips for packing airplane bento.  The last tip mentions bringing an empty water bottle, filling it with fountain water once you're past security, and then using a powdered drink to flavor it!  I would love to take it one step further and instead of buying them pre-packed like that, bring just a little thing filled with the powder, but rather than constantly being stopped so they can examine the powder before determining that it's neither narcotic nor explosive, I'll stick with this method.  If you buy in bulk, it isn't that expensive (about 20c a package, I think), but it's probably even cheaper to pack your own... Ah well.  I paid $5.99 for a box of 20.  Still cheaper than buying a drink in an airport! 

Left tier: the remainder of the cucumber salad; bedraggled grape tomatoes
roasted chicken (dark meat this time, and from a different chicken, courtesy of mom)
three cherries; sliced Asian pear

Right tier: glass noodles, Chinese cabbage, Shiitake mushrooms (courtesy of mom)
stir fried/sauteed greens (courtesy of mom)
sauteed bean sprouts (courtesy of mom)

Sorry!  If it's "courtesy of mom" that means it tastes delicious but I don't have the recipe.  As you can see, she decided she loved me this week and made me all sorts of yumminess for bento, so expect to see more of that this week!  Yay! 

Silly me, by the way, I just discovered my Lock & Lock set is... 470 ml each container.  I totally thought these were 350 a piece.  Damn it, that's too much food!  No wonder I'm not losing weight!  No wonder my brother accused me of being pregnant last night!  Argh.  Ah well.  I'll have to adjust and put less food in these or more salad/bulkier, lower calorie items.  Blegh. 

As always... HAPPY BENTO!!!

2 comments:

  1. i know what you mean by painful gas... it's a love-hate relationship with cabbage. btw, thanks for your tips previously (on my xanga) for bento shopping tips. i'm traveling to nyc this weekend for CNY with parents and will make sure to look for some goodies. happy bento-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking bento. I love all the bento love you've received from your mom. I love it when my mom "shares food." She cooks way better than I do which makes for a great bento! Wheeee!

    ReplyDelete