Thursday, January 8, 2009

Feisty Bento #273: Winter Wonderland

So I decided on a total whim to try adding crushed pineapple - that's what's in the cup - to the beef stew.  It wasn't bad, but it wasn't exactly the oomph I was looking for... but then I gave up, and ladled out the rest of the stew into sandwich bags for freezing and eating at a later date.  Maybe it's just me.  I'm sure it tastes good, just not as good as I'd like.  Ah well!  Can't always hit a homerun! 

Jar: beef stew
Cup: crushed pineapple
Not shown: a pudding cup I had as dessert.

You like the background?  My sister gave me a bunch of nifty kitchen items for Christmas, including this trivet/cutting board/decorative piece.  (I normally don't liken trivet to cutting board, but the package it came in said it could be used as both!)  It's tempered glass and so far, it's taken up a permanent spot betweeen my bamboo chopping block (on which I do not chop; I put other, smaller cutting boards on top of it to prep veggies or meats) and the stove.  Cute, right?  Also pretty fitting as it's meant to snow between 4 and 7 inches tomorrow.  Are you reading???  Unless you're in a colder climate than me, stop complaining about the weather!!!  *shakes fist*

Happy bento!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment